Monday, April 26, 2010

Daily Christian living is daily Christian dying!

Daily Christian living is daily Christian dying.The dying I have in mind is the dying of comfort and security and reputation and health and family and friends and wealth and homeland. Theses may be taken from us at any time in the path of Christ-exalting obedience. To die daily the way Paul did and to take up our cross daily the way Jesus commanded, is to embrace this life of loss for Christ's sake and count it gain. ~John Piper

Ricky recently recommended a book to me called Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper. I am really enjoying it and am absolutely challenged to think rightly about the short life the Lord has trusted me with. Just thought I would share this quote from the book since I thought it was so great. Hope you do too!

No comments: